Westland Medical Centre
The Westland Medical Centre gynaecology unit is well equipped with all modern diagnostic and ambulatory gynaecology services. The unit is headed by lead gynaecologist Mr Yemi Coker MBBS,MRCOG, Cert.Lap.Surg(RCOG). Westland Medical Centre also provides a one stop diagnostic and treatment services.
Conditions treated at Westland Medical Centre
- Menstrual Disorders
- Heavy/Painful periods
- Irregular Periods including Polycystic ovaries
- Post menopausal bleeding
- Pre-menstrual Tension (PMT)
- Mirena© Coil Insertion
- Abnormal Smears
- Bleeding after Intercourse
- Cervical treatments including - LLETZ (Loop Diathermy) procedure, cervical cautery, cone Biopsy
- Follow up advice
- Fertility Investigations
- Blood Tests
- Laparoscopic (keyhole) investigation
- Ovarian Drilling
- Medical advice/treatment - Ovulation induction
- Referral for Assisted Conception (IVF) following assessment
- Pelvic Pain
- Young Person's Gynaecology
- Periods problems (Pain, heavy bleeding, irregular periods)
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Teenage Vulval conditions
- Vaginal Discharge
- Ovarian cysts
- Pelvic Floor Problems
- Urinary incontinence
- Diagnostic Services
- Ultrasound scans
- MRI Scans
- Endometrial sampling
- Outpatient Hysteroscopy
The gynaecology team of doctors and nurses within Westland Medical Centre provide both reassurance and support related to your gynaecology needs. Every effort is made to ensure you feel comfortable whilst undergoing your consultation and when you are required to undress for examination. A chaperone is provided at all our consultations.
Our gynaecology consulting room is equipped with the latest scanning equipment and computerised records system.
Should in-patient surgery be required then your consultant will arrange this for you at one of the local private or NHS hospitals as a private paying patient.
One Stop Menstrual Disorder Clinics
Westland Medical Centre provides one stop menstrual disorder clinics where diagnosis (including outpatient hysteroscopy) of menstrual problems can quickly be identified and treatment commenced within a few minutes.
Well woman clinic
Whilst we recognise the NHS provides a comprehensive cervical screening service, some women feel the need to have cervical screening performed more frequently. Westland Medical Centre provides gynaecology screening both by cervical smears and gynaecology ultrasound scans.
Early pregnancy assessment (EPAU)
This service complements the early pregnancy scans. The time between conception and 12 weeks can be anxious for women who are in their first pregnancy and are experiencing either normal or abnormal pregnancy symptoms. If you feel you need reassurance about the normal findings.
- Uterovaginal Prolapse
- Vaginal Repair
- Pelvic floor repair
- Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Sacrospinous fixation for vault prolapse
Laparoscopic Surgery (Key Hole Surgery) - Some of the procedures performed by key hole surgery incude.
- Large Ovarian cysts including endometriotic 'chocolate' cysts and dermoid cysts
- Release of adhesions (adhesiolysis)
- Ovarian Drilling for PCOS
- Chronic Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Female Sterilisation
- Tubal disease
- Oophorectomy (removal of ovaries Laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy.
- Laparoscopic Sacro-colpopexy
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy (removal of fibroid)
Mr Yemi Coker
MB BS, MRCOG, Cert.Lap.Surg(RCOG), CPE, Pg.D.Law (Middlesex)
Yemi Coker is a consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist with Barking, Havering and Redbridge NHS Trust. During his early career, he was a junior doctor at Guy's Hospital and his registrar training was with the Oxford rotation. Mr Coker completed his gynaecology training at St Mary's Hospital, Paddington, London, where he gained accreditation in laparoscopic gynaecological surgery.
To view Mr Coker's full profile please click here.